Dragon Age is an exceptionally popular role-playing game available on multiple platforms such as Windows, Xbox, Playstation, OS X, etc. It has an excellent storyline and brilliant characters. However, recently Dragon Age Inquisition won’t launch on Windows 10 as reported by multiple gamers.
There could be multiple reasons causing such an error. So, we tried out the best ways you can fix it and created a guide that will help you out in the best possible manner. If you are facing an error in your system, take a seat and simply follow the instructions we have provided in this guide.
Let us look at how you can fix the error “Dragon Age Inquisition Won’t Launch”
Dragon Age Inquisition Won’t Launch- Causes
Since every player uses different systems with various configurations, it is not determined what could be causing the bug in the game. So, here is a list of all the possible reasons causing the error that you can check as well on your computer.
1. Problem With Screen Optimization
Every game you will find on the internet might not support the same screen optimization as provided by your system by default. As soon as you launch any high-end game, the system itself presents it in a full-screen mode for the best experience.
If such a resolution is not supported by the game itself, it will fail to launch and cause multiple errors. Not a lot of players who might be a beginner look into such aspects before launching the game. Hence, screen optimization becomes a major issue in such aspects.
2. Administrative Access
Not many users allow certain apps or games to have administrative access to their system. It is a bit tricky for a lot of reasons since no user would want to risk giving entire admins rights. However, if your dragon age inquisition won’t start, the reason behind it could be getting access to administrative rights.
Some high-end games do ask for such permissions that can only be granted if you have faith in the application completely. It is important to try out this particular reason and make sure if this is the standard reason for such an action.
3. Missing or Corrupted Files
Any game you will play is built with multiple lines of codes collected into tens of files together. If any of these files are corrupted or missing from their source, the entire origin dragon age inquisition won’t launch. It is true with any game that you are currently playing. There is no way out of this since all your data saved might be at risk too.
Moreover, a file can be corrupted if it is attacked by certain malware and viruses. This could be another excellent reason behind such an action. You can try out different methods to get it fixed. Hence, make sure you look into whether or not this is the case.
4. Processes and Services Running in Background
While working on your system, there are tons of service or processes that run in the background which you might be unaware of. You can check it out through your task manager and figure it out. However, there are times when some of these services interfere with some major apps or games.
In this case too, if your dragon age inquisition won’t launch, a major issue could be because of an unknown service running in the background. It could be anything, a third-party software, especially anti-virus software that prevents apps from launching and causing errors on multiple folds.
5. Windows’ Incompatibility
Even though you are using the latest version of Windows 10 that is bug and error-free, it does not mean that all the software and games on the web support this version. Similarly, if you are playing Dragon Age Inquisition and facing errors, your Windows might not be compatible to a great extent.
Many players fail to check out the system requirements and follow in the footsteps of others to play the game at the earliest. This can simply lead to forcefully downloading and installing the game. In the end, the game fails to launch and causes an error every time to try to give it a go.
6. Problem with Directx/VC Redist
If your game has been crashing, one of the reasons that you might never think of is issues with the DirectX and VC Redist software. Well, since you already have installed the game, you might be aware that they are provided along with all the files to install the game.
However, if you have downloaded the older or the wrong versions of these elements, they are most likely to coincide with other factors and fail to launch Dragon Age. A lot of sites online might not be providing the correct versions of this game that leads to such errors.
Ways to Fix Dragon Age Inquisition Won’t Launch
Hopefully, now you are well aware of the factors or the possible reasons that could lead to such an error. However, we do have multiple fixes to get you through the trouble of finding it yourself on the web. Simply choose to try out these methods and you are good to go.
1. Disable Screen Optimization
The foremost method we will be trying out here is by disabling the default Screen Optimization by Windows 10. It is a simple process and with few simple steps, you can fix the Dragon Age Inquisition Won’t Launch issue.
- Open Downloads and double-click on Dragon Age Inquisition Folder.
- Right-click on the DragonAgeInquisition.exe file.
- Select Properties.
- Tap on the Compatibility menu. Now, check the box beside Disable Full-Screen Optimizations.
- Click on Apply to save the changes. Now, tap on OK.
Now, simply head over the .exe file and launch the game. If this is what was the issue, the game will launch now. Or else let’s look at the next method.
2. Give Administrative Access
Many of you might not agree with this particular process, however, Dragon Age is a secure game and will not cause any trouble to your data or admin access. Here is how you can give the administrative rights to Dragon Age Inquisition.
- Open the folder that contains all the game files.
- Make a Right-click on the DragonAgeInquisition.exe file.
- Choose Properties. Now, select the Compatibility menu.
- Check the box beside Run this Program as an Administrator.
- To save changes, click on Apply. Now, tap on OK.
Simply try to run the game again to check and see if it works.
3. Try Reinstalling Directx/VC Redist
Like we have discussed how the Directx and VC Redist software can be of different versions and interfere with the actual game installation. Here are certain steps you can follow to re-install the latest version of these softwares.
- Head over to the following address on your system folder for DirectX:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\__Installer\directx\redist
- Double-click on the DXSetup.exe file and re-install with the updated version.
- Now, head over to the following address on your system folder for VC Redist:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\__Installer\vc
- Double-click on the VCRedist.exe file and re-install with the updated version.
- To save all the changes, restart your system.
4. Troubleshooting Compatibility
Another reason that Dragon Age Inquisition won’t launch origin is because of the compatibility issue with Windows 10. So, to fix it, you can follow certain steps mentioned here that will most likely solve it.
- Open the Dragon Age Inquisition Game Folder.
- Right-click on the .exe file and choose Properties.
- Now, select the Compatibility menu.
- Tap on the Run Compatibility Troubleshooter button.
- Wait for Windows to detect the latest OS to match the compatibility.
- Select the Try Recommended Settings and tap on Test.
- Simply Apply the changes made.
Try to run your game now. It is most probably going to work for everyone. If not you can also try to restart the computer and try again.
5. Running a Clean Boot
As we had discussed, some services and apps running in the background do cause errors. So, we can apply the clean boot process to Windows with no third-party apps in the background. Here are the steps.
- Log In to your computer system via Administrator account.
- On the search bar, type msconfig and hit Enter.
- On the System Configuration tab, select Services.
- Check the box beside the Hide all Microsoft Services and click on Disable All.
- Close the System Configuration tab.
- Right-click on Taskbar below. Select Task Manager.
- Open the Startup Menu. And Disable all the apps enabled on the screen.
Once you are done with all the steps above. You can now restart your system to save all the changes. This process has disabled all the apps in the background. Simply use the normal login now and launch the game.
6. Update the Graphic Card Driver
Another possible reason that your game might not be working at all is that Dragon Age Inquisition is a heavy game and requires high-end configuration to run smoothly. If your system does not have the required compatibility, the game might cause errors while launching even after installation.
Well, this game does require high-end GPU settings. It might work with the dedicated graphics card already in your system. Hence you need to get a decent graphics card driver and update it to make the game work smoothly.
- Select Win + R on your keyboard to open Run.
- Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
- On Device Manager, select Display adapters.
- Now, make a right-click on your Graphics Card and choose Properties.
- Tap on the Drive menu. Click on Update Driver.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Your system will now scan and update the software automatically.
You now have to restart your system and check for the game. To see if the drivers are updated, you can open up the settings and check for yourself.
7. Verify Game Files
Apart from the DirectX software being corrupted, there are chances that your entire game folder might be corrupted that are causing such massive errors. Hence, you need to verify the files you have for the game and update them if you find anything.
- Sign in to the Origin Client account.
- Now, select My Game Library.
- In the list of all the games, right-click on Dragon Age.
- Tap on Repair for the computer to now start verifying the files.
- If you have been missing any file, it will automatically download to make up for the errors.
Simply relaunch the game and you can now check out whether the game runs off now.
8. Try Setting An Execution on Antivirus
If you are not aware, Antivirus software automatically blocks certain software or games that might cause harm to the system. Well, in such cases there are chances that your Antivirus might be restricting the game to launch.
Moreover, it can also be possible that Windows Defender is on the list of such Antivirus programs. Hence, you need to disable the Defender or else add your game as an Exclusive on your Antivirus software. This will ensure that the software will no longer interfere with the game and protect it any further. You can now try to launch the game again and see if it works.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Dragon Age Inquisition offline?
Yes, you can play the game in offline mode through Origin. If you have played on Steam before, it works similar to that. However, you might not be able to use some features such as multiplayer mode or even updating the game without an internet connection. Furthermore, your progress will not be saved on the server as before.
2. What are the System Requirements to run Dragon Age Inquisition?
Here is the list of certain system requirements you need to successfully run the game.
- CPU: AMD six-core CPU (3.2 GHz) or Intel quad-core CPU (3.0 GHz)
- OS: Windows 7 or 8.1 64-bit
- RAM: 8GB
- Graphics Card: 2GB AMD Radeon HD 7870 or R9 270 or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
Here we are with everything you need to know if the Dragon Age Inquisition won’t launch on your Windows 10 system. Well, the reasons are pretty basic and you can always make sure to check them out. Also, it is important to go through all the methods before you launch the game. There are times when your system might have some major hardware issue if these methods do not work out for you.
Moving on, if there are other fixes you have tried and worked for you do let us know in the comment section so that we can add them to our list.
Read More Posts: